Acidanthera Updates: A message from PMheart
Prior to a nice Christmas and New Year vacation, we slightly updated some of our projects.
To begin with, OpenCore 0.8.7 introduced several minor changes primarily in the GUI. With some reverse engineering from @mikebeaton, and additional helpful input from @cdf and @tsialex, we have now added support for Apple builtin picker on models GPUs without Mac-EFI support, and now the selected entry can be successfully launched using
Apple. As well, @dakanji updated spoof proof UEFI 2.x checking to OpenVariableRuntimeDxe. After some discussion, we introduced
Misc -> Boot -> HibernateSkipsPicker not to show picker if waking from macOS hibernation, as a boolean value, in lieu of string settings. @Shaneee fixed TSC/FSB for AMD CPUs in ProvideCurrentCpuInfo; and @mikebeaton removed unwanted clear screen when launching non-text boot entry. We would also like to thank @dreamwhite who helped created the
com.apple.recovery.boot folder hiearchy in our macrecovery script.
@Goldfish64 created daemons for each userspace function replacing hvutil and added Guest Services integration service support, together with the fix of high storage latency when heaving network I/O is occurring. These changes are included in MacHyperVSupport 0.9.3.
In FeatureUnlock 1.1.1, @khronokernel resolved patch regression on
Thanks to @nikey22’s contribution, W7170M/S7100X ID is now included in WhateverGreen 1.6.2. In addition, @Andrey1970AppleLife, @dreamwhite, @perez987, and @unChiled helped produce a more readable version of README documentation.
After months of silence, @lvs1974 made HibernationFixup 1.4.7 respect parameters
highstandbythreshold set via pmset utility, and introduced a new bit in hbfx-ahbm boot-arg:
DoNotOverrideWakeUpTime = 64, to let macOS decide when wake for standby sleep maintenance.
Starting with VoodooPS2 2.3.2, a new boot argument
ps2kbdonly=1 is introduced by @Kethen to prevent touchpad line from being disabled on reboot.
For AppleALC 1.7.7, we appreciate @littlesum contributing a new layout-id 68 for ALC256 for nuc9.
- Removed unwanted clear screen when launching non-text boot entry
- Fixed TSC/FSB for AMD CPUs in ProvideCurrentCpuInfo, thx @Shaneee
HibernateSkipsPickernot to show picker if waking from macOS hibernation
- Changed macrecovery to download files into
com.apple.recovery.bootby default, thx @dreamwhite
- Supported Apple builtin picker (using
Apple) when running GPUs without Mac-EFI support on units such as the MacPro5,1 (thx @cdf, @tsialex)
Appleto successfully launch selected entry
BootKicker.efito successfully launch selected entry (via reboot) (thx @cdf)
- Added spoof proof UEFI 2.x checking to OpenVariableRuntimeDxe, thx @dakanji
- Added ALC256 layout-id 68 for nuc9 by littlesum
- Resolved Macmini8,1 patch regression from 1.1.0
- Resolved iPad Sidecar patch regression from 1.1.0
- Applicable if host model did not require Sidecar patch
- Created daemons for each userspace function replacing hvutil
- Added support for host to guest file copy (Guest Services integration service)
- Fixed very high storage latency when heaving network I/O is occurring
- Added W7170M/S7100X ID
- Respect parameters
highstandbythresholdset via pmset utility
- Introduce a new bit in hbfx-ahbm boot-arg:
DoNotOverrideWakeUpTime= 64, to let macOS decide when wake for standby sleep maintenance
- Added ps2kbdonly=1 argument not to disable touchpad line on reboot, thx @Kethen