Acidanthera Updates: March 2023
Acidanthera Updates: A message from PMheart
Hello. Sorry guys! I have been sick and busy moving, hence I skipped the February 2023 message.
While there is not much listed in the changelog, OpenCore 0.9.0 has improvements on graphics thanks to @mikebeaton, including verbose boot log appearance, versioning information for the
EnableGop UI tool, and AMD support and GOP offset auto-detection, with which macOS 10.11+ gets support for the EnableGop vBIOS insertion script. As well, the quirk
ProvideCurrentCpuInfo now supports macOS 13.3 DP. Lastly, we included precompiled EDK-II EfiRom and GenFfs in Utilities/BaseTools with OpenCore releases.
For many years, AppleALC 1.8.0 enlarges its codec and layout database again with new and improved support for ALC274 (layout-id 28), ALC256 (layout-id 95), and ALC236 (layout-id 55) thanks to contributions from @Tweakkinn, @Floron, and @8DireZ3.
As a minor improvement, MaciASL 1.6.4 deletes broken URLs patches.
In the wake of stability, VirtualSMC 1.3.1 includes a tiny fix for
smcread -l output.
VoodooPS2 2.3.4 introduces two fixes: device count detection when ps2rst=0 is set, and handleClose not being called by VoodooInput, thanks to @1Revenger1.
Last but not least, Lilu 1.6.4 adds AMD IGPU detection.
- Resolved issues with verbose boot log appearing over picker graphics
- Added version number to EnableGop UI section, so tool builders can track it
ProvideCurrentCpuInfosupport for macOS 13.3 DP
- Added AMD support, GOP offset auto-detection and macOS 10.11+ support to EnableGop vBIOS insertion script
- Included precompiled EDK-II
Utilities/BaseToolswith OpenCore releases
- Fixed ALC274 layout-id 28 in/out 3.5mm jacks audio by Tweakkinn
- Added ALC256 layout-id 95 for Honor MagicBook Pro HBB-WAH9 by Floron
- Added ALC236 layout-id 55 for HP-240G8 by 8DireZ3
- Deleted broken URLs patches
- Fixed device count detection when ps2rst=0 is set
- Fixed handleClose not being called by VoodooInput
- Added AMD IGPU detection