Acidanthera Updates: April 2023
Acidanthera Updates: A message from PMheart
Embracing a warm spring, we published our 2023.04 releases.
OpenCore 0.9.1 brings better support for legacy graphic cards together with bug fixes. To begin with, @corpnewt fixed a minor printing bug in ocvalidate which led to the failure of message printing. @mikebeaton made VS Code debugging easier by providing sample config for gdb. As well, he implemented
GopBurstMode quirk for faster GOP operation on older firmware; now
SysReport will also include GOP memory caching reports. Thanks to @vit9696’s discovery, we also integrated the new patch for
ThirdPartyDrives quirk on macOS 13.3 and above. Last but not least, @Andrey1970AppleLife has always continuously updated builtin firmware versions.
macOS Ventura introduced a new check for Continuity Camera which is only available on Kaby Lake and above. FeatureUnlock 1.1.4 patches this restriction to make it possible everywhere thanks to @khronokernel.
Users’ consistent maintenance to AppleALC database has been integrated into AppleALC 1.8.1 as well. We would like to thank @lgh07711, @DalianSky, @Pinokyo-H, @wern-apfel, and @imoize, for their contibutions to the configurations of ALC293, Alder Lake PCH-P High Definition Audio Controller (0x51C8), ALC269, ALC623, ALC295, and ALC255 respectively.
To investigate NSS issues, @lvs1974 updated AirportBrcmFixup to 2.1.7 to dump debugging logs from the methods
As of RestrictEvents 1.1.0, it is possible to disable
hw.optional.f16c on macOS 13.3 and above. This is particularly useful on Ivy Bridge CPUs where AVX 2.0 instructions are not present, resulting in CoreGraphics.framework crash.
We appreciate @AsdMonio who fixed
board-id length calculation for legacy Mac models where it is shorter. This is now integrated into BrcmPatchRAM 2.6.5.
In BrightnessKeys 1.0.3, @ChefKissInc added support for certain laptops including AMD ones where
kIOACPILegacyPanel is used.
Thanks to @1Revenger1, one of the primary authors of our VoodooPS2 project, version 2.3.5 removed
actAsTrackpad and related logic; and on Elan Touchpads, Trackpoint logic is now powered by VoodooInput.
- Fixed long comment printing for ACPI patches, thx @corpnewt
- Added sample config for VS Code source level debugging with
- Updated builtin firmware versions for SMBIOS and the rest
- Added GOP memory caching report to
GopBurstModequirk for faster GOP operation on older firmware
ThirdPartyDrivesquirk on macOS 13.3 and above
- Added Continuity Camera unlocking for pre-Kaby Lake CPUIDs
- Added ALC293 layout-id 31 for Hasee Z7-CT7NA by lgh07711
- Added Alder Lake PCH-P High Definition Audio Controller (0x51C8) by DalianSky
- Added ALC269 layout-id 111 for minisforum NAG6 by DalianSky
- Added ALC623 layout-id 13 for Lenovo ThinkCentre M720e with internal speaker by Pinokyo-H
- Added ALC295 layout-id 11 for ZenBook UX581 by wern-apfel
- Added ALC255 layout-id 37 for Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52-73Y8 by imoize
- Override methods AirPort_BrcmNIC::setTX_NSS, AirPort_BrcmNIC::getTX_NSS and AirPort_BrcmNIC::getNSS to investigate NSS issues. Original method is called, and debug version of kext (with boot-arg -brcmfxdbg) prints info into log
hw.optional.f16cdisabling for macOS 13.3+
- Resolves CoreGraphics.framework invoking AVX2.0 code paths on Ivy Bridge CPUs
- Configurable via
- Fixed legacy Mac compatibility (thx @AsdMonio)
- Added legacy panel support in ACPI (thx @ChefKissInc)
- Removed actAsTrackpad and related logic
- Fix Trackpoints connected to Elan Touchpads
- Use VoodooInput Trackpoint logic for Elan Touchpads